my approach

My style is a hybrid of photojournalism and modern wedding photography. I will step in when you needed to pose you or move your hair, and stand back to observe and document as candid moments happen. Hence, why I am often referred to as a photo ninja in client testimonials. I value family formals, and will create a list with your family members to capture beautiful, classic images of you all together. I also love to capture the in-between moments- the jokes being told between poses, the laughter, the flower girl melting- those small moments not only add to your story, but are what make your day unique.

Many of my clients worry about posing for their romantic photos. We are all not models, hence worrying that we won't look good in front of the camera. Two words- engagement sessions! All the preparation and reassurance you need. On your wedding day I approach romantics with a relaxed attitude. I will direct you on where to stand or walk based on the lighting and scenery. I will then ask you to hold each other, talk to each other, make one another laugh and smile. It is so important to me that my clients look and act like themselves in their portraits. Creating authentic images of your love and who you are is my priority. With that said, I will encourage you place a hand here or there, to bring you together or make gentle suggestions. It's really a collaborative experience in which my clients inspire me.

And though it may be obvious to most, I find it important to voice my support of all weddings, especially those of my LGBTQ friends and family. Love wins.

F.A.Q’s

How many images can we expect from our wedding?
Though it really depends on how many hours I will be there, and if you have a second photographer or not, on average 400-600 images.

How long after our wedding until we see the images?
You will see a sneak peek via email and social media within two days. The full gallery will be ready to view in eight weeks.

How are images delivered?
You will be able to download your high-resolution files with a print release directly from your custom online gallery.

Do we need a second shooter at our wedding?
It depends on the size of your wedding, and your expectations. Having a second shooter adds a whole other perspective and angle of your wedding day, all while allowing me to be in two places at once. I recommend a second shooter for weddings of 100 guests or larger, and especially if you would like getting ready photos of both sides of the wedding.

Can we give you a list of photos to take?
Yes! It is crucial we work together to build out the perfect list of family formals for after the ceremony. By being organized in the weeks before the wedding, you will be assured that all of your loved ones will be captured. You don't have to worry about details shots, as I will always get the standards- the dress, cake, bridesmaids together, etc. Please do let me know if there are any special heirloom items, such as a handkerchief from your grandmother, that you will be carrying down the aisle.

Will you travel for weddings?
Absolutely. I am happy to drive five hours or fly 14 hours to be there to for your celebration. Travel fees and expenses are added on to your coverage.

What is your payment schedule?
25% upon booking, and the remaining balance due 15 days before your wedding. You will have access to your invoice if you wish to pay along the way.

What happens if our wedding is cancelled/date moved?
If the unfortunate case that you have to move or cancel your wedding, the 25% retainer is non-refundable. If you are rescheduling your wedding date within a year of your original date, I will apply that retainer to the new date if I am available. In the case that you cancel your wedding, you are released from the remaining 75% balance.

Booking Is Easy!

To secure your wedding date, a signed contract and 25% deposit is all that's required. This is all handled electronically, so it is quick and convenient. I am typically booked 6 to 12 months out. To see if your wedding date is available, please contact me.